At a first glance, Konqueror looks just like a normal file manager:
- It displays files and directories using the "icons view" (three icon sizes), "columns view" or the "details view" (detailed view in which you can open sub-directories)
- It allows copying, moving and deleting, by direct drag and drop or by using copy, cut and paste.
- It provides properties on a file, to see and change its attributes in a dialog box.
But once you start using it you realize some of the more advanced functionality:
- Undo functionality
- Support for service menus (easily compress/decompress files, convert image formats, version control integration, etc)
- Automatic updating of directories (no need to manually refresh to view changes)
- Ability to mass rename multiple files
- Filter files by type, etc
[ Edit ]